Friday, July 1, 2011

A sad day...

Today, the world lost one amazing woman. There are so many things I could write about Aunt Bettye, but instead I just want to share some moments where she has really touched our lives.


First, I will never forget when Aunt Bettye came to Evan's baby shower. She was so gracious to get Evan a special gift. We went into another room and I opened the present, just her and myself. In the box, was a beautiful keepsake box of a mom holding her baby. She took the time to write a special message to Evan on the back. Then, to make the moment even more complete. She placed her hand on my belly and said a sweet prayer for Evan. That moment will live in my heart forever! She was always so thoughtful.

Second, would be the time Evan met Bettye for the first time. He was such a doll and acting so sweet for Bettye. I am pretty sure Evan peed on her, but it wouldn't be an Evan visit if some type of fluid wasn't left on his guest. Anyway, once again, Bettye was nice enough to say a short prayer for Evan. I think it was his first not given my his parents!


Lastly, I remember Mark and I's wedding. She was so happy for us! We thought we were the happiest people that day, but she seemed just as happy as us! I don't know how many kisses she gave me that night. To see that kind of joy on her face would make any ones heart melt!


I feel like Bettye will always be watching over Evan. She will forever be his guardian angel.


She will be dearly missed, but we are all happy to know she is where she belongs. With God.




"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afriad." John 14:27


"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment