Friday, July 8, 2011

We've been busy!!

Well, we have been gone most of the week. Tuesday, we left for Odessa to meet with Mark's family. We were there, as most of you know, to pay our respects to Mark's Aunt Bettye. It was a wonderful time for Evan to meet so much of Mark's family, but such a sad circumstance to have to do so. We only spent about 24 hours in Odessa, so we were going non stop the entire time we were there.

Evan made a new friend. He loved Mark's cousin, Ayeriz!! Evan had been going through a strangers stage. Anytime he saw a face that wasn't mom or dad's he would scream. Well, he got over that phase this trip. He was loving being passed around and smiling at all the beautiful people. Though every time he was with Ayeriz, he would giggle so loud and smile so big!! Needless to say, he has a new best friend!!

On our way home from Odessa, we stopped at DQ. Evan got really mad that we were all eating blizzards and he didn't get one. Any time Grammy would eat her blizzard, Evan would open his mouth like he was getting a bite. After a while we felt bad for the guy, so we gave him a few super small bites of ice cream. Of course, he loved the sugary goodness. Not a snack mom will be giving any time soon, but maybe something grandparents will enjoy giving him....

We made it home and then Thursday morning I had to go to the doctor for my yearly checkup. Well, of course, that was the one morning Evan was STILL ASLEEP at 8:30 when we needed to leave. I felt bad having to wake him up, but didn't have any other choice. Thankfully, he did really well at my appointment, which makes me more confident to take him to things like that.

Friday was chore day, but Evan made sure that wasn't possible. He had one of those days where he wanted to be held or cuddled all day. Normally I love those days, but not today when I had a bunch I wanted to get done. Oh well. Saturday will now be chore day :)


Evan on the way to Odessa!

Evan sleeping on the way to Odessa!
Evan on the way home from Odessa!

Evan still happy on the way home!


My blue eyed cutie!!




My All American Baby!!




Happy 4th of July!!



1 comment:

  1. My "new best friend" how sweet. The feeling is mutual. Evan is so adorable and I loved his attention. He melts my heart with every giggle.

    ReplyDelete