Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rockstar weekend!

We had a busy, but fun weekend! Saturday, we left for Grammy and Pop's house. We were headed to Arlington to celebrate Pat and Kasey's upcoming wedding! We were fortunate to have a wonderful babysitter for Evan. Patty Wood, who is celebrating her birthday today, woo hoo!!, was nice enough to watch Evan for us. Patty didn't seem too traumatized, so I think it all went well! Meanwhile, Mark and I were partying like rock stars, at the couple's rock star shower. It was a wonderful evening. Mark and I both had the chance to visit with friends we haven't seen in a while and we also played some much loved beer pong.

Cue dreamy music and hazy flashback: On our honeymoon, we played in a beer pong tournament (claimed 2nd) and since then beer pong has been very dear to my heart. Anyway, we killed it at beer pong. Mark was able to knock down most of the cups and I gained the nickname "Beer pong closer!" I won every game for us. Of course, it was a joint effort. We won all three games we played!

All in all, the shower could not have been better. Thanks to all the wonderful hostesses (Sally!). Time with friends is so priceless! Time with friends, without baby...super priceless!!

We had a rough Sunday morning. Evan has been teething. He has been a super easy teether up to this point, but today for whatever reason, was painful for him. He was happy as long as he was a) sleeping or b) chewing on something. We slowly ran out of things for him to chew on and he got mad. We are hoping that tooth decides to poke through soon.

It is crazy that soon enough he will have his two front teeth. Evan's teething was so bad today, guess what he found to munch on. Oh yes! His toes. I didn't even think his fat body would contort that way, but sure enough, his feet can fit in his mouth. Oh the many talents of my son!

Tonight, Evan tried chicken. Hmm.. I have to say I don't think he liked it. He would eat it, but made terrible faces. Next time I might try mixing it with a veggie to see if that helps. I can say that at least the dogs loved the food. The second I opened the gerber can (you have to be crazy to think I would make meat baby food!), the dogs came running. No wonder Evan didn't like it...

Well, I hope to update again soon with some rock star pictures. I had a pretty crazy outfit, so I will share soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment