Sunday, July 24, 2011

Family, friends, and TMI!

We had a great weekend in Longview! We left Friday night and had a very easy ride to Longview. Evan slept the whole way. Our little champ.

Saturday, Evan got a chance to swim in the pool for the second time. He had a great time standing on the sun deck and trying to swim. He probably stayed out at the pool for thirty minutes, which is a long time for him. I was so afraid he was going to get sun burned even after being slathered with sun screen.

That night, we went to Ashley's wedding shower. It was great to visit with old high school friends and let them meet Evan. Surprisingly, he stayed awake until about nine and was a little trooper. He was up at 1am, but I know that night it was because of his teeth. I gave him some Tylenol and he was out until about 8am which was the most sleep I had gotten in a long time. We had an eventful night on Saturday. We were getting ready for Ashley's shower and Mark was opening the wine bottles. Well, on his last bottle, as he was opening it, it shattered against the counter. Glass, wine, and blood went everywhere. Mark's hand was in bad shape. All the women around freaked out. Blood was gushing from his hand. Mark made it to our bathroom, while the rest of us were searching for the doctor at the party. We were afraid that Mark was going to need stitches. Thirty minutes later, a lot of paper towels, some super band-aids, and NO stitches, Mark was better, well, at least not bleeding. Thankfully, Dr. Baker was there to get Mark fixed up. He gave Mark the prescription of holding a cold beer in his hand all night :) Mark has some pretty significant battle wounds to show for it!

Sunday, we went out with my mom for some light shopping before heading home. Evan got some great clothes for 18 months, whenever he decides to fit into that size. Right now, he is comfortably in a size 12 months.

On our ride home, Evan was a little fussy. I knew he was hungry, so I hopped in the back and gave him some sweet potatoes. He seemed pretty happy, but I wanted to try his new teething biscuits, so I gave him one while I was in the back seat. It went great, at first. Then he was sucking so hard, half of the biscuit broke off in his mouth. I freaked out. I was afraid his was going to choke. What do I do? I fished the biscuit out of his mouth. In the process, I scratched the back of his throat with my nail. This made Evan really mad. He was screaming! I didn't really know what to do, so I had Mark pull over. We pulled over at a gas station and I got Evan out of his car seat. I tried to soothe his throat with some milk, and that seemed to make him happy again. After that I changed his diaper since with left Longview in a hurry. He had a large poopy diaper. I got the diaper off, but as I was setting in on the floor of the car the solidish poo flung out of the diaper and landed on my leg! It hit my leg, then landing on the car door and finally the parking lot! GROSS! It was solid enough to scoop it all onto the parking lot, but gross enough that I was not happy to have it land on me. We had a very eventful thirty minutes. Just a word to the other moms. I freaked out for nothing. Once I fished the biscuit out of Evan's mouth I felt it. It was smooth and softer than most baby food I give him. He would have been fine had I not had a melt down!!

We got some exciting news once we got home. As Mark was picking up Troy dog, we got the classic, "Well, on the first day of camp, Troy threw up." At this point millions of things race through his mind. He has already thrown up the racy underwear, socks, rope, miscellaneous toys, so we weren't really sure what it was this time. Our first thought was something of Evan's. Nope. For the first time, Troy threw up an animal. It was a bird. They said everyone working had to come look because they weren't sure what it was. At first they thought it was chicken breast, but after closer inspection there were feathers in the second batch. Sure enough, Troy some how caught a bird. And, is it sad that I am actually kind of proud of him?

Finally, tonight Evan tried peaches. He LOVED them. He did not want to stop eating them. His mouth was wide open, waiting for me each time to feed him. He actually cried when I wouldn't give him anymore. I think he might have a new favorite food!


Loving his outfit!!

Pre-party!

Happy at home!

Using the teething biscuit!









No comments:

Post a Comment