Saturday, July 9, 2011

Butternut Squash!!

Well, today I made both butternut squash and green bean puree. Let me just say, I have never had butternut squash and it is not easy to make. It is kinda like a pumpkin, but shaped like a squash. It was not easy to prepare. The good news is it make A LOT of baby food. The better news is that Evan liked it a lot! It is not his favorite food, but he still gobbled it all up. I really thought he was going to hate it. I tasted it and it was very plain, but I guess for Evan it is a yummy food! We will wait 4 days or so then try the green beans. I hope those go just as well!


Today, Evan had a busy day. He slept until 6:30. I got up with him and started laundry and his diapers. Now that we only have half of our stash (we left some in Odessa), I have to wash every day. Not fun, but I am ok with it for a while. We are hoping to add a few diapers here and there until we get back to what we had. Anyway, after a few hours, Evan took a nap and we both joined him. Once we were up for the day, we headed out to lunch, looked at cars, and then ran a few errands! Evan was great through out it all. I am really ready for him to be able to sit in the high chairs, but we are too afraid to try. He can sit just fine, but it still scares me. Evan loves being able to sit and look around. When he is stuck in his car seat and can't really see he gets upset. I don't blame him. I like to know what is going on too! After we got home, Evan got to try butternut squash! Then he helped us water the garden, which is almost ready for harvest (I can't wait), played with his toys, and then went to bed!


Mommy and Evan and Bj's

Can you tell he was VERY happy!
Evan and Daddy!

Butternut Squash!

After first bite of butternut squash!

Hmm...do I like this?

Liking the butternut squash!


No comments:

Post a Comment