Monday, July 18, 2011

A few nights away...

Thursday night, I spent the night out of the house, well at least for a little while. I was home to put Evan to bed, but I left about 8 to go stand in line to watch Harry Potter at midnight. I couldn't miss this because it was going to be the last time Mandy and I could share the fun of Harry Potter madness! We had a great night. We met quite a few characters while waiting to get in the theatre. This helped pass the time. We got into the theatre and had a chance to get some food and drinks. Soon enough it was midnight and time for the movie. It was GREAT!! My favorite by far. Now I just have to find a time to go back and see it in 3d! I don't think Mark will let me get away with that..... I got home a little before 3am. Thankfully Evan slept until 5am, so I got a solid 2 hours of sleep. I was VERY tired when he got up, but he was a great boy and napped about 6:30 and slept for almost 2 hours. This was one of the only days that I slept EVERY nap that he did. Once 4pm came around I was feeling human again.

Saturday, Grammy and Pops came over to watch Evan for the night. Mark and I were going out to the Gaylord to have a nice dinner and get a night away. This was my first time to stay at the Gaylord and I really enjoyed it. Sure it was a little overpriced, but what resort isn't. I did make the mistake of telling Mark to book an outside facing room. I thought it would be romantic to look at the lake, but I was wrong. Pictures will explain it. So if you go to the Gaylord, get a view of the atrium. Plus they have a balcony! Anyway, we had champagne and cake balls waiting for us when we arrived. It was a great way to start the evening. After we enjoyed our cake balls, we went to the Steak House to have dinner. It was delicious! Probably, the juiciest, seared steak I have ever had. It was like eating butter, but, of course, it was steak. Makes me hungry just to think about it! Mark and I were both in a food coma after dinner, but since it was our one night away we had to at least try to keep going. We grabbed a glass of wine and walked around the resort. There was a lot to look at. We ended up at Texas Station, a sports bar. It was a really neat place. We sat in these padded, reclining chairs to watch the Rangers game on the largest screen ever, but after about 10 minutes we had to leave because someone was falling asleep. That someone was me! We went back to the room around 11 and I am happy to say I slept from 11-8, mostly uninterrupted. I woke up once worried about Evan. I couldn't find the monitor. I then realized that I wasn't even at home. My inner alarm woke me up about 5, but I made myself try and sleep even though I was awake.

All in all, I was pretty proud of myself for my first night away from Evan. I did cry when we left. I even cried a few times while we were at the hotel, but I never cried hard. Just a little tear here and there. I wasn't even sad. I knew he was in good hands, but all those crazy little scenarios go through your head. I am VERY glad that Mark and I got the chance to get away just the two of us. It was a nice change of pace. We had an excellent anniversary thanks to both our parents!






Harry Potter! Waiting in line....
One of the many characters dressed up!
Happy Anniversary!
Our view :(Compliments of our view.....
Meanwhile....
Mark loving the sports bar!
The amazing screen!
Evan loving his first fort!

No comments:

Post a Comment