Thursday, June 30, 2011

Apple doesn't fall from the tree...

Yesterday, Mark let me loose on the town and I went to run some errands.....alone! It was great. It is amazing what an hour alone can do to rejuvenate your spirits. Not that I don't love spending time with Evan, but it sure is nice to have some adult time. Anyway, I went out and bought a baby bullet. For those of you that don't know, that is like a tiny blender that makes baby food. I had been using my blender, but I wanted something easier to clean. Plus the baby bullet comes with fun little tools to store the baby food in. Let me just say. I am in love!! Anyone that makes their own baby food, I totally recommend getting one.

So, today I decided to make apples. Well, lets be honest, I was basically making applesauce. It was pretty easy. The hardest thing was peeling the stupid apples, but it is worth it to have organic CHEAP baby food. Evan tried them tonight and he liked them. I don't think it is his favorite food, but he did eat TWO containers of it. A serving is suppose to be one, but he was crying after one, so we decided to give him two. Sure enough, after two he was content. Guess I will be making some more apples!
I forgot to add. Night number two of putting Evan down with out rocking him was good. We had been putting him to bed rocking him for at least 15 minutes. Well, for the second night in a row, we put him in his crib, he moaned (not even a cry) for a few minutes, then fell asleep. Hoping that he keeps this up!

Evan at Grammy and Pops house!! Smiling! Playing with his new toy!
I can fly!
First bite of apples! After first bite of apples.
Not so sure about apples.
Finally full of apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment