Friday, June 10, 2011

Evan's near death experience...

WOW! Is a great way to start tonight's blog! Mark and I went out to eat for our weekly date night. (The restaurant will remain anonymous) As usual, Evan has his little "sling" stand. We were sitting there enjoying our drinks when Evan got a little fussy. I knew that Evan just wanted to be held. I took him out of his car seat and had him sitting on my lap. He was very happy and playing with his toys on the table. A few seconds later, a waitress, not ours, walks by and drops something..
"Oops, I'm glad there wasn't a baby there!" and then she just walks away.
Mark and I look in Evan's car seat and a steak knife is sitting where he JUST was!
They waitress was so nonchalant we thought she dropped a napkin!!

For once in my life, I was thankful that Evan was fussy because had he still been in his car seat he might be in the ER with a giant knife in his skull!!

We were enjoying our evening as much as we could after the scare! Well, minutes later, Evan's car seat completely falls out of the sling contraption. It flipped over at least twice before hitting the ground. Once again, we were thankful, that Evan had been fussy and was being held by his mommy! SO, as much as we loved our dinner, we will not be going back to that restaurant, and we are thankful that we still have our precious little guy in one piece!

In other news tonight, Evan has his first bite of cereal. We gave him oatmeal, not rice, because rice causes constipation and I don't really want to deal with those issues. I hope the oatmeal goes well. He did not like oatmeal as much as banana, but he definitely did not, not like it! We will try it for the next few days and see how it goes!

"Hey mom! Check me out!!

My boys on the couch!
His first cereal!

"MOM, I am so ready to try cereal!"




"Look at that yummy bowl!"




"What is this??"





"Do I love it or hate it?"




"Huh??"




The knife in Evan's seat!




My growing garden!!

No comments:

Post a Comment