Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sleepy time?

Ok. I tried to do the math to see how many weeks old Evan is and I keep getting 19 weeks. There is no way that is right because 20 weeks would be 5 months old and he is still 2 weeks away from that.... I am so confused. I am going to go with 18 weeks old. I think that is right and it would make since mathematically. Either way I can not believe our little guy is growing so fast.


He is now so aware of his environment. I love watching him explore new things each day. The down side of him being so aware is now he will get upset when he meets new people (not all the time) and he wants to always know where mommy and daddy are. He also has to be kept occupied majority of the time. I remember the days where I could put him in his bouncer and he would sit there content for 15-20 minutes. Now he wants to be doing something with me majority of the day. That makes it hard to get things done around the house, but we are trying to make it work. Sometimes I don't get a shower until 4pm, but hey, at least I am getting a shower.

Evan has been a little stinker the past 5 days when it comes to sleeping. He has been going to bed between 7-9, getting up between 1-3, then staying up from 2 hours before going back to sleep around 4-5. He will go back to sleep for an hour then be up for the day (minus a small nap here and there). Needless to say, mommy was really tired for a few a days. Thankfully last night, Evan went back to sleeping his usual eight hours, so I got my usual 6 hours. It felt great. We will see how tonight goes.

Mark and I are going to go get some organic whole grain cereal for Evan to try this weekend. We were not going to do cereal because our pediatrician said it wasn't really necessary, but I think the thickness might be worth a try to get him to sleep longer at night. Worst case, he tries a new food. Best case, we get a baby that will sleep longer at night. I also have a sweet potato for Evan to try, but I have not made the baby food yet. It really is a hassle to feed Evan food, so it slowly gets pushed to a back burner since I know it isn't something we have to be doing right now.

Evan and I haven't been up to much lately. Wednesday we had a really busy day. We got to see "aunt" Mandy. She brought me lunch and then spent some quality time with Evan. We had a lot of fun! That night, we went to Arlington to have dinner with the Hoppers. Aunt Bettye and her daughter, Karen, were in town, so we had a wonderful time visiting with them. It was Karen's first time to meet Evan and he enjoyed it. He was smiling and giggling at her. Silly me forgot to take any picture...

Otherwise, Evan and I are stuck at the house because Mark's air conditioning is broken, so I let him take my car to work. Sure I could get out in the truck, but I am not that desperate and I don't feel safe with a car seat in it. So, Evan and I are just having fun at home. The up side of being at home all the time: My garden is getting a lot of attention and the veggies are really growing. I'll try and get a picture up soon!

Evan is too busy to pay attention to his weekly picture. Evan watching the Mav's!
Happy Evan!
Evan giving me a "fake" smile!
Super baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment