Monday, May 30, 2011

Longfellows!

Well, Mark and I had a wonderful and finally relaxing weekend. Saturday morning we headed to Longview so we could watch my beautiful sister be "presented to society!" We didn't really have much time to see Mare or mom before the big night, so we spent most of our time trying to relax around the house. Micki Maly was nice enough to come over and babysit sweet Evan. She was so gracious to watch Evan at the toughest time for him. Evan is a pretty happy-go-lucky kid most of the time, but if he has a bad time it is always bed time. Micki said that he did great, but I still worried that he would scream his poor little head off! None the less, he was sleeping peacefully when we got home and Micki didn't look to exhausted from her endeavour. Thank you so much Micki. We would not have had near as much fun without you!!

Meanwhile, at the ball Mark and I were having a great time. I might of been having too much fun, but how often am I baby less?! Mare did a perfect bow and looked so beautiful! I don't think she could have asked for a better night! The food was absolutely delicious and the decorations looked great. We had a wonderful but quick 3 hours out. Mark and I even got in a few dances!

Sunday, we just tried to relax. We managed to sleep late and somehow Evan sort of slept until 9. We were up a bit here and there, but still felt pretty rested for staying out so late. Nini and grandpa watch Evan while Mark and I went to The Hangover 2 (very funny, but quite the same as the first!!). Later that night Evan took a dip in the hot tub. Pictures will come if my mom sends them to me :) Evan loved the hot tub and even tried to swim. He loved to kick his little, or should I say FAT, legs in the water!

We woke up Monday and headed to Arlington. We went to pick up Troy, but were surprised by a cook out! We enjoyed a day with Grammy and Pops (and Matt too!). We had some wonderful grilled ribs, corn, and baked beans! It was nice to visit with everyone and let Evan spend the weekend with both sets of grandparents! He just loves them so much!!


My super beautiful sister, Marilyn!!

Me, Mare, and Bobby! Pretty family!
The family..mitch too!

Can you tell we are having fun??

Evan exhausted (but thankful!) on Memorial Day!

Haha Daddy...

OH yeah...can't forget my growing garden!


No comments:

Post a Comment