Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm going to scream my head off!

Well, Evan had his 4 month check up today. Sure he is one day past 4 months, but that is when we scheduled it. The doctor said that Evan looks great. He is hitting all milestones on stride. He also said that Evan is ready for solids. Evan had doubled his birth weight and has been grabbing for food. Both signs that he is ready. The question is, is mom ready? I am not sure I am. I really wanted to exclusively breastfeed Evan until 6 months. Now, I know I will still get to feed him, but it just isn't the same. At the same time, I feel like Evan is ready and showing all the signs that he is ready to try solids. I just feel like I am at such a crossroad. I know the doctor wouldn't steer me wrong, but we don't see exactly eye to eye either. (He likes the schedule, cry it out method. I like the babyled, limited crying method). Mark and I are at least going to wait a week, then we will talk about it again. I am going to be making Evan's baby food, so I can at least get some food made for when we do start!


Otherwise, the doctor went great. Evan had to get FOUR shots. He did not do as well as the first time. He screamed all the way out of the office. Poor guy! Once we made it to the car he had calmed down and actually fell asleep on the car ride home. I hate to watch the shots, but I know it is needed. So, the title of this blog, goes to Evan who felt the need to scream his head off for 5 minutes! Who can blame him though?


And I know you want to know the measurements. Evan was 15 pounds 13 ounces, in the 80th percentile. What a surprise! He was 23.5 inches long. My little shorty that is only in the 9th percentile. What a shocker, right? The doctor says there is still plenty of time for him to be tall, but I think we all know that probably isn't going to happen! I love my little man. I feel so blessed that he is growing and thriving. Sure we have some rough times, but he is our little bundle of joy! I wouldn't change a thing!



Evan and Aunt Bettye!


Sally and Evan at the doctor!
"I am hear for shots? NO way this place is fun!"

Mommy getting me ready for the doctor!


"How tall am I?"


"How much do I weigh?" 15.13


I love my doctor!


I had four shots and I am still happy!


Evan admiring himself!!



No comments:

Post a Comment