Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day three in Destin

So we had our first mistaken identity. When we were at the Crab Trap last night and Evan was throwing his mini-fit, the couple next to us offered to shut their window thinking that was what was making Evan fussy.
"We can shut our window if you think it will help her," innocent bystander.
"That's ok. I think HE is just fussy and ready for bed," I replied emphasizing “he”.
"Are you sure? We don't want her to get cold," the idiot answered.
"No HE is ok, but thanks!" I said and walked out of the restaurant to try and calm Evan.
Oh well. I guess that is what I get for dressing our son in all white. He has to wear blue!

Then the other day, when we were at the grocery store to get a few things for the condo a man slightly bumped into me. No big deal, but what he said was rather funny. "I am sorry. I was just so mesmerized by his eyes!" Creepy, but so true. Evan was blessed with beautiful eyes!

So onto today, sadly our last day. This vacation has gone by too fast. We spent the morning relaxing. Evan was up at about 6:30 and ready to go. We let him play in his gym and he had a blast. In fact, he almost rolled over. That boy is getting so close. I think it will happen sooner than later. We slowly got ready for the day and around 11 we went out for lunch. We were starving by 11, since we had eaten breakfast around 7, maybe earlier. We drove and drove and it felt like nothing was open. Twenty minutes in the car and we end up at the harbor and decide we better pick something. We see a place called "Gilligan's." They advertised affordable family dining. Sounds like a place for us. It was great. I got a burger because I don't like seafood and Mark had some shrimp. Evan was great as long as we were holding him and he could watch the dolphins swim by. So, needless to say, we spent the lunch passing him off while the other ate. We are getting pretty use to that life style. After lunch, Evan ate and calmed down, so we headed back to the outlet stores to get him so clothes. We got him 4 outfits for 20 bucks. I could have gone crazy in that store. I did get him a great elephant outfit! It is sad that we are now buying 6-9 and 12 month old clothing because Evan is just growing like a weed! We get to see next week how big he really is!

We went for our final walk on the beach. It was really nice. The beach was cleared because most people had spent their entire day out there. We walked a little in the water and a little on the sand. Evan was great the entire thirty minutes. We even put his foot in the sand. Evan seems to be very content any time I wear him which makes me more of an advocate for baby wearing as opposed to stroller driving.

We are really sad to leave tomorrow but I am also ready to get Evan back to his home. He has been on a crazy schedule here and I think that it is getting to him. I hope the drive home isn’t too bad!

For those of you thinking about traveling to the beach….do it! Just a few words of advice: I wish we would have gone out for lunch everyday instead of trying dinner. Evan was too fussy by that time at night. Instead, it was nice to lounge all morning and let Evan have a “normal” morning, then go out for lunch and fun, and be back for dinner at the condo! That brings me to my second point. Make sure and get a nice condo with an ocean view. I would be very sad if we had a bad condo and I did not get to look at the ocean every morning! It really helps!

Well off to pack….


Daddy and Evan at the harbor!

Evan at the harbor!
Evan's new move: The side roll!


Mommy and Evan!

Evan's foot!

Mommy and Evan on the beach!

Mommy and Evan in the Ocean!

Mommy showing off Evan!

Evan and his half roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment