Sunday, May 1, 2011

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Well, well, well....boy have we messed up Evan's sleep cycle. That poor boy is either going through something (growthspurt?), we have confused him, or maybe both. We are trying to fix it....

So, the first night of dream feeding was terrible. I wasn't sure what I was doing, so I gave him just 1 maybe 1.5 ounces. Like that is going to hold him over. Of course, he was up at four again. I felt like I was back in the newborn stage. Very tired!!

So, the second night (Saturday night) went a lot better. We put him down about 7, and then dream fed him at 11. He took 4 ounces all while asleep. This still amazes me. Then, he slept until 6:15. That was a godsend. I was so tired from the previous days of wacky sleep!

So, today he was super fussy all day. I really am not sure why. Thinking maybe I ate something weird (garlic) or maybe it is the weather...who knows. I just felt bad for the guy all day. He almost seemed like he was in pain. NO temperature though! Then, at 4 he decides to take a 2 hour nap, which *gasp* I woke him up from to feed him. He hadn't eaten since about 1, so it was time! We got him to bed at 8:30, which would be an ideal bedtime. Hopefully, we can stick to an 8:30 bedtime the rest of the week and get his sleep more regulated again. We plan on trying to dream feed him again tonight. I like the concept and want to give it about a week. We got almost 12 hours of sleep out of him Saturday night, so if it works again....I will be VERY happy!

Besides his sleep, we had a fun weekend! Saturday, we went to eat at blue goose, always yummy! Then we ran a few much need errands! Last, and best of all, we went to go visit Effie! She is such a precious baby! Congrats Taylor and TJ!! I can not believe that Evan was EVER that small. He has changed so much in 3 months...it almost makes me sad! My sweet little boy is growing up so fast!


I like to title this: Fat blob!! :)

My boys enjoying Saturday morning!
"Off to Blue Goose! NO!!"


He loves his frog that sings!


Mommy and me at Blue Goose!



TJ, Effie, Taylor, and Evan!!


"I'm cute!!"


"Mommy you are funny!"


No comments:

Post a Comment