Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best. Weekend. Ever!

What a weekend!! Friday, Mare and Mitch came to town! They were going to the Ranger game on Saturday and were nice enough to visit us for a while! We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner trying to make it home in time for the Mav’s game. On the way home, Evan had a meltdown. Poor Mare was traumatized by his screaming and sad face. We did get Evan home and fed. Of course, after that he was a happy camper! We had a great time!!

Saturday was the annual Kentucky Derby party! We had a great turn out. None of our horses won, but we still had a great time. It was a giant baby play date. Seeing all the little ones together just reaffirmed the fact that Evan is a HUGE baby. At fifteen pound he is heavier than Brittany, who is 6 weeks older, and just a little smaller than Kaden, who is 4 months older!! What am I feeding him?? I love seeing all the babies because it just reminds me of all the wonderful things I have to look forward to. Brittany is sitting up, grabbing, and playing with toys. Kaden is pretty much crawling and just a mini Jen! It is amazing how fast these kids grow up!!

Sunday, Mother's Day, was a wonderful day! I could not have asked for a better first mother's day. Unfortunately, Evan was up at 4am because Mark forgot to dream feed him. I had gone to bed early, for once, but Mark was having fun with our guest. Who can blame him? I fed him at 4 and he went bad to bed until 6. At six, Mark was nice enough to take Evan and let me sleep a little longer! When eight rolled around, Evan was hungry, so it was time for me to get up. Luckily, he fell asleep while eating and stayed asleep until 9, so all three of us had a great nap. Then, I had a wonderful breakfast made by Mark and my gifts were waiting for me. Mark gave me a garden! I was shocked. I had been talking about how much I wanted one, but I didn't really think he was listening! He built it in the backyard today and now I just need to plant my vegetables!! I can't wait. Then, Evan was sweet enough to get me a charm for my Pandora bracelet. It says mom! What a great reminder of a wonderful day! Thank you to my boys for making my day (and life) so wonderful!!


Going to BWW!

At BWW!


Aunt Mare and Evan! "My fist is yummy!!"
The Hopper's: Derby Day! Evan, Brittany, Kaden!
The babies!





Our youngest guest, Effie!


Check out that Derby hat!!!

"Do you like my Derby hat??"

My Derby outfit!

"Who is that??"

"Daddy, you like my tie??"

Cj and Evan!!

My garden, well soon to be!

"Mom, I went to Jared!"

No comments:

Post a Comment