Friday, April 29, 2011

Mission half way succeeded...

So, our mission was not exactly a failure. We put Evan down at 7 and he slept until 4am. When I think about it I have no idea what I was thinking. He sleeps 8 hours every night (I know that is 9 hours, look at my big boy sleeping 9 whole hours!!). Anyways, he has been sleeping 7-8 hour for about a month now. I guess I thought wishful thinking would magically have him sleep from 7 to 7! HAHA. I really must be going crazy! Here I thought I was getting enough sleep. The good news is he woke up at 4, I change his diaper, fed him, and then he went right back to sleep until 7. I can live that!

Since we were up at four you would think we watched the wedding, but we didn't. I figured I would get enough of the details watching my talk shows...yeah the life of a stay at home mom! Evan did tell me he loved Kate's dress. It was just like he though it would be! Silly, Evan! :)

As good as last night was, we tried a different plan tonight. We put Evan to bed at 9:30. We were aiming for nine, but sometimes it just takes a little while longer than expected....kids! He is down and asleep. We are going to "dream feed" him. Supposedly, he will basically eat in his sleep and it will help him sleep a few extra hours because he won't wake up hungry. We will see how this goes. I am really nervous because I hate messing with a sleeping baby, but my cousin, Andrea, swears by it and I trust her! It is worth a try. Worst case, I am up rocking a baby to sleep. I can handle it! So we will see!




My happy boy!



Elvis lip!

Dog-gone adorable!!




My clothesline.



It was finally sunny!




It isn't fancy, but it gets the job done.



Thanks Mark!!




He was outside helping me with the clothes line.



He likes to taste the wind!




Alright a quick update for me. We fed Evan at 11:30, two hours after we put him down. He only drank 1.5 ounces of milk, but we will see if it holds him any longer. He should sleep past 5:30....on a normal schedule! Strangely, feeding him asleep worked. He was completely asleep and drank his milk. Very odd, but neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment