Thursday, April 21, 2011

Miss me?

I feel like I haven't posted in forever. Days are a little different now as Evan gets bigger. He used to sleep a lot during the day. Now don't get me wrong, he is still sleeping a lot, but instead of hour long naps during the days he will take 3o minute cat naps. It was a lot easier to get things done when I had hours, but we are making it work.

We have had a pretty good week.

Tuesday was Mark's 28th birthday. I had a surprise all set up for him. I just told him to get home from work as early as possible. He thought I was planning a surprise party...hehehe! Anyways, I had tickets to the Rangers game. He got home and I had his presents and cards waiting for him with a nice cold beer. After he opened his cards and gifts, I gave him the red velvet cake I made him. Now this wasn't a work of art, but I am still proud of it. It was my first layer cake and I did it! We were getting ready to leave, but then the storm hit! It was thundering and lightening. We figured we could drive through it and it looked like the weather was fine at the ballpark. Well, then the hail came. First marble size, then dime, and finally quater. It was actually pretty neat to watch! Sadly, we knew it was not safe to drive in the hail, especially with Evan. So, we parked it on the couch and watched the weather for about 30 minutes trying to time our departure. Unfortunately, the weather got so bad, out satellite went out. I started tracking the weather on my phone and of course as soon as it cleared up at our house a new storm was forming right at the ballpark. We just decided at that point we would drive as far as we could and hope we wouldn't hit the weather. Well, we made it. Lucky us, the game had been delayed due to weather, so we only missed about an inning. I would love to say we had a fantastic time at the game, but the stupid Rangers decided they wanted to get their butts kicked. 15-4...that's not even a game. We did have a nice time visiting with Matt and Lindsey, but the game was a total bummer.

Wednesday, Grammy came over to eat lunch with Evan and me. We took a quick trip to Jason's Deli and had a great lunch. Evan was up most of the time, so Grammy got some good time with Evan.

Thursday was a great down day. Evan and I just lounged around the house, read some books, watched some tv, and relaxed.

Tomorrow is our errand day, so here hoping that it all goes well.

Saturday will be a very excited day because we are going to be part of THE GREAT CLOTH DIAPER CHANGE. We are setting a world record and are going to be in the Guinness Book of World Records. Cool, right? Then, that evening we are going to play Bunco with some friends. I know how old are we??

Sunday, of course, is Easter and we can't wait to celebrate with family!

12 weeks old.



My two-layer red velvet cake.


Someone is old...haha!

"A true fan begins in diapers"


Not so sure about the game..


"Mom, what are you doing to me?"


One of his many funny faces!



Ready for lunch! 12 weeks and 1 day!

No comments:

Post a Comment