Thursday, October 13, 2011

Grass and Skeeters..

Well we had a few first. Some good, some bad! Sadly, Evan sat in the grass for the first time. I know he is almost 9 months old, but I am weird about bugs and dirt, so it took a while. Well, guess what happened. He got bit by an ant. He was sitting there, very intruged by the grass. He even tried to eat some. Then out of no where he started screaming. Then I see this huge black ant crawling on his leg. Poor guy. I felt terrible! No more grass for him!! That night Evan enjoyed corn bread, baked beans, and bbq chicken. I have never seen him chow down so fast. I guess we will be having that meal more often.
Tonight, Evan had his first skeeters. I thought he would make a giant mess. I didn't even put the cover on the highchair. He was very clean about it and really enjoyed it. I can't believe how well he handles all food. I think for about 2 weeks now he has been eating every dinner we eat and not a single problem. No food allergies, no choking, no nothin'. It is great!! My little boy is just growing up too fast!
Now onto my problem. I hear it is called the 8/9/10 month sleep regression! Evan gets up every morning at 3 am. To be blunt it sucks! Sometime he is only up for 10-15 minutes. Other times he is up for 1-2 hours. I know this to shall pass, but for the time being I am really losing sleep. I did a bunch of research today and apparently Evan needs to be sleeping more, so I tried that today. He took a lot of naps and went down easily at 7pm for bed. We will see how the night goes. It can't get worse, right??
Outside sitting in the grass :)

Trying to eat the grass.

Doesn't he look messy and dirty!

What?!?!

He fell asleep sitting up then falling forward!

Chubby cheeks!

The new way to use a pacifier!

This looks fun!

Corn bread!!

MMMMMM, so good!!!

Don't bother me....

Mom, I have a question!!

What's over there??

Skeeters.....so yum yum!

Sauce face!

Dirty face!

SO good!!

Full face??

No comments:

Post a Comment