Thursday, May 15, 2014

SNOW!!


So, I had to leave longview early because Dallas was expected to get some pretty bad ice. As a true southerner, I have no clue how to drive on snow or ice, so that's the last thing I wanted to get stuck in for three hours, with two kids in the backseat! 

The kids and I made it safely home the day before the 'ice' hit. The storm hit and it turned out to be about 1-2 inches of snow that did not melt for 4-5 days. I don't remember anything like this happening in the past. The temperature stayed below freezing for almost a whole week, so the snow wasn't going anywhere. 

The kids had a blast playing in it, but I wouldn't let them play too long because the wind chill was very chilly. Of course, as typical kids, it didn't phase them.


I also took the opportunity to try and get some Christmas card pictures. No such luck! We will just have to keep trying. 
A boy and his dog.

Evan trying to cheer his sister up.

Margaret eating snow! 







Decorating our Christmas tree. 



Another round of ice.








A solid sheet of ice. 



All my boys! 




The beginning of the storm. 

Day 3 of 25 days of Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment