Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mark and I survived....


Last night we decided to have Evan sleep in his crib. We both put him down and then just left him in his room still awake. It was a very hard thing to do. Needless to say, we both said some extra prayers that night. He wasn't crying or anything, so we knew he was content, but usually, we take him to bed after he has already fallen asleep.

I was pretty tired, so I as soon as my head hit the bed I fell asleep. I am not sure when Evan fell asleep, but he did. He put himself to sleep. I am so happy that it was easy (at least for the first night)!

Then, I woke up at 5 o'clock and panicked. Evan always woke up between 3:30-4:30am. I stared at the monitor for a few minutes making sure I could see his chest rising up and down. He was fine, sleeping peacefully. I tried to get some more sleep, but my body was used to being up already. I think I might have gotten a few more minutes of sleep and then Evan woke up. He slept from 11-5:30. Not bad for the first night in his crib.

Now I can't say that Mark and I are over our fears, but it was calming and a little reassuring that the first night went so well. Let's hope that tonight goes just as well.

In other news, we used Evan's bumbo (sitting assistance thing) the other day. He isn't 100% ready for it yet, but he did well. He has pretty good control of his head. His head would get a little heavy and I would take him out, but all in all he is getting closer to using it!

Tomorrow, Evan has his big 2 month doctors appointment. It is his first round of shots, so I am really not looking forward to it. It was bad enough to watch them take blood, so I am not so sure how I will handle watching him get vaccines. Thankfully my mom will be there to help out!

Any guess on how much this chunker weighs?? I am thinking eleven-twelve pounds, but that is probably a way over estimation. Last time he was weighed was at 2 weeks and he was 8 pounds 3 ounces. We will see!!



Evan 8 weeks and 1 day


Look mom, one hand!


Head was getting a little heavy...
but he still has a smile on his face!!


Troy wanted to make sure it was safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment