Friday, March 18, 2011

Fun Friday!!

In the excitement of St. Patty's day, I completely forgot to mention my ever so embarrassing post office experience. First off, this was my first time to run errands with Evan and it went really well! I thought I would have a lot of trouble carrying his car seat, but I guess I am slowly building those muscles up!! My last stop was the post office and let me tell you, it is not easy to get a package and a baby into there. I had to balance the box ( t was very light) on Evan's legs and battle the crazy wind to get everything inside. Thankfully, I made it in without making myself look too crazy. Once I got inside, I set Evan down in his car seat while we waiting in the 5 person line. Of course, only one lady was working and she was working VERY slow. The post office was very quiet. You could easily her a pen drop. I am just standing in line making sure Evan is quiet when all the sudden you hear the loudest poo ever. This thing was so gurgley and disgusting sounding. All I could do was look around and pretend I didn't know what was going on. The men that were standing next to me just looked down at Evan, then up at me, and back down at Evan. I was mortified. My son had just taken the loudest poop and everyone in the post office was now aware of it! What a day! I have since recovered, but you can bet my face was very red for a while.

Then last night was quite an adventure. Evan woke up at 4:30, his normal morning feeding time. I fed him and all seemed well. I was trying to rock him back to sleep around 5 and he just started screaming. This was so unlike Evan. He stayed up from 5-6:30 just wailing. He had terrible gas and I was trying everything to soothe him. Finally, around 6, I remembered that a warm rag on his belly was suppose to help get gas out. I took him to the bathroom and warmed a rag up. I set it on his belly and within second he was letting loose. Man, that boy had some loud, crazy gas. The good news was we finally got it out and were about to go back to bed! It was exhausting and made me so happy that I have such a good baby that doesn't pull that kind of stunt every night. The bad news is, I have no idea what set off his gas attack. Mark gave him a bottle of saved milk, so I have no idea what I ate that day to upset him so much. Needless to say, when I figure it out there will be no more of that in my diet.

Friday, today, was our lunch date with Mandy. She came over at noon and as usually we were running behind schedule. She helped me get Evan ready to go and we went off to Rosa's. Yummy! Evan slept the entire time at Rosa's, so Mandy came back to hang out with awake Evan at home. We played with him, read him some books, and had some tummy time. Mandy even learned how to change a cloth diaper. We had a blast!! We had so much fun that we heard Evan giggle. Mark swore that he heard Evan giggle this morning and I thought it was a fluke, but he did it again! So So cute!

Mandy and Evan!

Evan having a good time!

Me and my boys!

Evan was a little confused...

1 comment:

  1. Kyndall had a few gas attacks too when she was nursing. Here are somethings that set her off: onion, brocoli, garlic, tomatoes, and pork.

    Something else that I have heard can cause upset babies is milk. Maybe you drank a lot of milk that day or the day before? He may have a slight dairy allergy and is getting some through you. Just a thought!

    Keep it up, you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete