Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yes, I am crazy!

Alright, so I have been getting a lot of questions about why the heck I give my 6 (almost 7 month) old real food. First off, I don't give it too him that much. I would like to, but Mark gets really nervous that he is going to choke. We just let Evan explore the food. Sometimes he puts it in his mouth, sometimes he doesn't, and most of the time he is not really eating it. There are foods however, like banana, that he will mush himself and then eat. He also enjoys waffles a lot! It really is quite a neat approach to giving babies food. It is called baby led weaning. It gives the baby the chance to decide what they want to eat and how much of it they want to eat. The whole theory is that baby feeds himself, and therefore, things he can't manage to get in his mouth, or can't mush enough, he won't eat, therefore he can't choke. Now choking is something that can happen no matter what kind of food babies eat, but there is no increased risk as long as you give appropriately sized food with proper supervision. Anyways, that is enough of that. I just wanted to share, so everyone else can know why I am so crazy :)


Well, last night was eventful. Evan went down at 7pm his normal time. Nothing really seemed out of the ordinary. Then, at about 10pm Evan woke up. Mark simple snuck in their, put his paci back in, and he was fine. Well, at 3am Evan woke up again. I went in their and put his paci in and he started moaning. I let him moan for about ten minutes because usually when he wakes up at this time he "sings" himself back to sleep in about 15 minutes. Unfortunately, twenty minutes later Evan is still moaning and kind of starting to cry. I know that if we get him out of his crib he will be up for two hours, so I don't get him out. Well, Mark can't take it anymore, so he goes and gets him out of the crib. Now we have Evan up for two hours. Mark, thankfully, watches him for a bit while I try to sleep and then I take over. When I take over about 4, I turn off all the lights hoping to get him back to sleep. Bad idea. As soon as I turn out the lights I can't see. What do I do? I trip over Troy and fall completely on my face while holding Evan. I was scared to death. I had thankfully cradled Evan so that he didn't hit the ground, but I still hit Evan and somehow we made a Troy, mommy, Evan sandwich. Troy ran off. Mark came running thinking I fell down the stairs (thank God I didn't!). I just cuddled Evan while Mark check his entire body for broken bones, bruises, ect. Evan wasn't terribly upset, but he wasn't happy. We cuddled him for a good thirty minutes until he was calm. We then went to sleep and slept for an hour or so. It is now noon and I am happy to say he is wonderful. You would not even know that happened this morning. Thankfully I have a tough little cookie!



No comments:

Post a Comment