Monday, August 22, 2011

First day of school..

Fooled you huh? Well today my thoughts are with my multiple teacher friends. They all had their first day of school. I hope they all have a great year!! I have to say, a small morsel of me is sad to n0t be going to back to work. Now, that is a really small morsel because I don't think I could leave my little man while I worked for 9 hours. On the other hand, I still miss my kiddos from last year and I always loved the first week of school. The kids were on perfect behavior, actually happy to be at school, and you got to spend time getting to know everyone instead of focusing on STUPID test! I think about Harmony often. I miss my teachers friends TREMENDOUSLY!! Though, in the end, I would not have it any other way. I get to spend my days (some are VERY long) with my little guy, who melts my heart and works me to death! If only I could get paid in forms other than drool, spit up, and smiles! Okay I will take the smiles!

Life in the Hopper house is good. Sunday, Grammy and Pops, came over to babysit Evan. I had some much needed time out with Mark. We went to see Final Destination 5 in 3d. It was our first 3d movie in a long time and I really enjoyed it. I would like to see more movies in 3d. It didn't give me a headache like the old timey 3d movies did! The movie was disgusting. You know, your typical final destination movie. After the movie, we had some wings. Evan had a great time with Pop and Grammy because he went to bed at 6pm and did not get up until 4am. Sadly, he is back on his 3:30am wake up call. I feel bad for Evan though because I know he is teething and I am just trying to patiently wait until they break through. I think he will have 4 bottom teeth sometime soon!

Evan loves breakfast time. He is eating grown up oatmeal and scrambled eggs. He loves them and it sure beats baby food! I have slowly stopped making my own baby food and we are now using either our food (like eggs, oatmeal, toast) or he eats plum organics (thats a brand). He is really enjoying all these new foods and textures!

The heat is still here and doesn't look like it is going anywhere soon. Maybe just maybe, we will see fall in September! Evan and I want to go to the zoo, but I have a strict rule that it must be less than 95 degrees for a high to go. So maybe we can go in November, haha!







He just melts my heart!We still aren't crawling, but Evan is creative in his ways to get things!SO, I was trying to take his picture and what does he do? He keeps looking around me. He doesn't care about his mama. He wants to know where Troy, his favorite toy, is!

No comments:

Post a Comment