Thursday, June 12, 2014

Strike out cancer and the color run!

Mark, Evan, and I all went to walk for a few hour for relay for life! My friends lost her dad to cancer, so we now that Evan was old enough walk, we thought we would give it a try! Evan loved it and I loved immersing him in giving and self less situations.  Being a toddler is tough and they all think the world revolves around them. Any time we get the chance, I try to teach him about giving and helping others. The thought may only last a second in his mind, but at least we are planting the seeds!
Brent, Mandy, and our family!

We had to do a few laps like this as the night went on!
We walked a little over 2 miles in about 1.5-2 hours! 

My guy!

He was walking with a purpose! 


He even ran a bit!

Trying to get a picture before we left.


As you can see, he wasn't in the mood for pictures!
And Margaret photo bombed!


Evan loves his 'aunt' mandy!!


The next morning Mark and I were running our first 5k! We had done a lot of running up to this point!
I was nervous!!

The group after the color run!


Julia, Mandy, and I! (and Mark)

Aren't we colorful??


Mark and I did it! We ran the 5k in a little over 30 minutes.
It was tough because there were a lot of walkers we had to weave in and out of!

The starting line!!!


The color party in the back ground!!!

After wards we all went to check out the delicious farmers market!
It was a great morning!!


No comments:

Post a Comment