Monday, February 25, 2013

What a LONG weekend!

So Mark left for his brother's bachelor party on Thursday! They all went skiing which seemed harmless enough. My mom and dad came up Thursday and stayed the night, so it helped ease me into double kids. Friday morning my parents left and I had the rest of the day to hang out with the kids. It honestly wasn't too bad, but come 6pm I am ready to 'jump in a lake.' Both kids are cranky and needing my attention. Well, only one can get it and choosing is hard! Somehow I get them both in bed! Margaret of course stays down for an hour or so and is back up. She finally comes to bed with me and we get some sleep! 

Saturday rolls around and Evan is up at 5:30. Why must my son  be an early bird? I am in a great mood though because Grammy and Pops are coming to help out at 1. They get here and I go to get my hair cut and treat myself to a little shopping! It was wonderful to get some much needed ME time. Getting the kids to bed the second night was a little easier!

Well, Sunday comes and a HUGE snow storm hits Denver. Mark can't get home!!!! I am not only scared about 8 boys driving in a blizzard to get to the airport, but also afraid of going insane putting the kids to bed a third night! Somehow it happens and it is the best night of sleep we have all had! Maybe everyone knows daddy will be home tomorrow.

Monday, Mark is finally coming home! He finds a flight and angels rejoice! I can't wait to see my husband! I manage the morning just fine (even though Evan is in a cranky mood). Luckily help arrives and my parents come for some afternoon play time. They help me feed the kids dinner and get them to sleep (Evan finally got a bath after, mmm 4 days...)! Now, I am counting the hours until Mark gets home. I know the kids miss him and Evan will be so excited to see him in the morning! 

To all those moms out there that do it on your own day in and day out you are a saint! Mark doesn't get home from work until late, but he is always here to help put the kids to sleep and that means the world to them and me! Thanks for being such a great father, Mark! (can you tell I miss you!!) Also, thanks to everyone who helped. I would have gone crazy doing this on my own. I love my family!

From his birthday! I love this, but he had a HUGE booger in his nose!
'Whoa"- his favorite word!
I would NEVER get into trouble!

Showing Nini how to work her phone!
Parenting at it's finest: Watching you tube.
Stare down!
What's brother doing?
Playing with Nini!
Practicing her 'crawl'

No comments:

Post a Comment