Sunday, September 2, 2012

Exciting Night.

Well, as many of you know Mark and I spent last night in labor and delivery. My sister and dad were in town (so fortunate) and we were all just hanging out watching college football. I started having contractions around 3pm, but just let them take their course. Around 10pm they were about 5 minutes apart and semi-intense. Marilyn drove us up to labor and delivery while my dad watch Evan (who was thankfully sleeping). 

We got checked in and sure enough I was having contractions and dilating. My doctor was not available, so we had been in communication  with the on call doctor. This ended up being a problem because way back when we first confirmed this pregnancy we had told my doctor the wrong LMP. We later changed it, but she said she would just leave it on my file because she doesn't like to change due dates. Well, since the on call doctor only had my file he thought I was only 36 weeks. So, long story short, I was put on some medicine to stop the contractions. The first dose didn't work at all and I was starting to feel worse. Finally at 2am, after the second dose, the contractions had lessened. The doctor was suppose to come see us that morning, but by 10am he still hadn't showed up, so the nurse called him. He said I could go home as long as I continued the medicine. So, we left with instructions to basically only come back if my water breaks. I see my doctor on Thursday and I can't wait to hear what she has to say about all this. For now Margaret gets to bake a little longer, which is fine by us, because we still have some things to do before she gets here! 

I apologize for the typos, but just wanted to update. Very tired and off to get some much needed rest!

Grilling at Jump Mania!
Playing house!

Loves to drive the car!
Can you find Evan???
Love my aunt Mare!
Sweet boy!
Kisses!!
Cookies!!
Unsure about the baseball helmet!

Playing at Sci-Tech.


No comments:

Post a Comment