Friday, September 7, 2012

Bed rest

Mark and I went to my ob appointment on Thursday and my blood pressure was elevated. They went ahead and sent me to labor and delivery to be monitored. What we though would be a quick hour in the hospital turned into a long ordeal. The worst part was they wanted to draw my blood to double check everything, but had trouble finding a vein. I was poked a million times and finally they called the phlebotomist in. She even had issues, but eventually they got their blood. The all test came back just fine. I am still having contractions, but nothing too regular. 

Thankfully my mom was at home watching Evan. She had to unexpectedly give Evan dinner, bathe him, and put him to bed. I felt horrible that I wasn't there to put him to bed, but knew he was in great hands. We were finally released, but I was put on bedrest until Monday, when I go back to the ob. My mom watched Evan for me today and it is so hard to sit and do nothing. I am trying very hard to actually enjoy this time because never again will I be able to just sit and try to relax, but boy is it hard! 

Evan playing with his 'new' kitchen.
Baking cupcakes.
Pizza!
Making tea.
Having too much fun!
Good times with Nini.
Having fun in the 100 degree weather.
Who me??
My poor arm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment