Sunday, May 20, 2012

What a week...

So this was NOT a fun week. On Sunday (Mother's Day), Evan had a bump on his back that looked angry. By Sunday evening he had two more on his legs. We were thinking bug bites and were not too concerned. Monday morning rolls around and Evan has about ten bumps on his leg. I decided just to take him to the doctor to be on the safe side. He didn't have fever, vomiting, or anything else that would make me think he was sick.  The doctor said he wasn't really sure what it was. He said it looked like chicken pox, but is filled with the wrong fluid to be chicken pox. He then went on to say it might be staph, but he was going to guess it was just viral. I was told to just watch the rash, put cream on it three times and day, and make sure he didn't get anymore symptoms. It was likely contagious, so to be on the safe side I should keep Evan home. BOO. 

So we sat at home all week! I was so sad because we had a lot of fun plans! I was hoping by later in the week the rash would clear up, but it actually looked worse on Thursday. I called the doctor and he said it will probably take 7-10 to look better. Well, that would have been nice information to know on Monday. Anyway, his rash is finally looking better. It isn't gone yet, but you can tell the bumps are healing and Evan seems just fine. We are so excited to get out and about next week. I did put a picture of the rash at the bottom, so don't scroll all the way down if you don't want to see it. 

Loves his yogurt!
MMMM...
best buddies
Just lounging.
Mommy and me!
Watching Daddy make some ribs.
I want to go help daddy!
Sweet face.

The dreaded rash(On Tuesday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment