Sunday, May 6, 2012

Home, Sweet, Home!

Well, our nine hour car ride turned into about a ten hour car ride. Evan seriously slept for the first 3 hours. Mark and I could not believe it, but we got some good road time during that nap. Once he woke up it was lunch time, so we stopped for lunch and let Evan get some wiggles out. Surprisingly he went BACK to sleep for another 45 minutes or so. It was once we got to Louisiana that Evan had decided he had enough car riding. The last hour was pretty miserable, but we made it back to Texas in one piece.

We made a pit stop in Longview. My parents were nice enough to watch Lola while we were gone, so we picked her up and gave Evan a little grandparents time. Evan had a great time playing in the pool fountains and eating snow cones! I think we all wanted to spend a little more time there, but were also ready to get back to our house.

We made it home! Glad to be home, but definitely have some post vacation blues. I miss sleeping with the ocean breeze blowing in our door and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. I loved having Mark around to help with Evan 24/7. We make a great team! I know Evan enjoyed getting to spend so much time with Daddy.

For anyone wondering we went to Destin on our family vacation last year and this year wanted a shorter car ride, so we opted for Gulf Shores. While the beaches were nice at Gulf Shores, Mark and I decided that we will opt for Destin in the future. We just felt like there was more to do and an all around better atmosphere in Destin. Though, we probably won't be taking a family vacation again for a few year because I am not sure I can handle two crying babies (or kids I should say) in the back seat for 9 plus hours. Time will tell!





No comments:

Post a Comment