Sunday, September 4, 2011

And the victory bells will ring out!

We had a wonderful, Tech filled weekend!

Thursday, Evan and I drove up to Lubbock with Nini. It was a really long trip, but Evan was great. I am so thankful that he does so well in the car. That night, Evan tried his first sopapilla! Of course, he loved the sugary goodness.

Friday, Nini and I went searching for Tech apparel. Evan didn't have any tech clothes that still fit him, so we had to get him some new ones. We also took the chance to walk around the Lubbock mall. I 'wore' Evan and he had a blast. He got the chance to look around and eventually fell asleep! Sometimes I wonder why I was blessed with such a wonderful, calm, well behaved baby! I am sure the two's will make up for it!!

Friday night, Evan, Nini, Great Aunt, and I, all went out to eat. Let me just say it was a very interesting night. Evan, 'Mr. I am going to get into everything' was a pain! He tried grabbing knives, forks, menus', food! We gave him little bits of food and for whatever reason he kept gagging on EVERYTHING. Needless to say, that dinner took about 4 years off my life. All is well though because Evan is a trooper and showed us that we are just silly, worry warts!

Saturday, GAME DAY! We started the morning off by taking a million pictures of Evan on the Texas Tech campus! He didn't want to smile and was tired, but still did pretty well! We took him home after that for a nap. We had hoped to make it up to the stadium for a little bit of tailgating, but barely made it in for the kick off! Welcome to life with a baby! Unfortunately, bad weather was on the way and what comes before bad weather in West Texas? Dust! A dust storm hit us, but we toughed it out. Then, the light rain came, and the 9-10 Texas State score. We left a half time feeling defeated. Thankfully, Evan and the Red Raiders felt rejuvenated! Tech won 50-10!! Evan enjoyed his first game! He is our little Red Raider!!! Guns up!

No comments:

Post a Comment