Friday, August 1, 2014

5 year anniversary!

We are down one kid and enjoying lunch with Evan.

The view from our hotel room.

Our first moment of relaxation!

Meanwhile Evan is having fun with Grammy and Pops!




And, Margaret with Nini!

My delicious dinner!! 

Watching the planes take off and the sun set!


Well Good morning airport!
We went to the centurion club! LOVE it! Free food and drink, free massages and pedicures.
Great way to spend time at the airport!

Mean while Margaret is playing at the splash pad!

On our way to Cancun!


That is the ocean!!

White sand and blue water!

We were greeting with wet towels and champagne!

Our room!

Loved taking bubble baths in this amazing tub!

Our view from our amazing deck!

Our private pool.

Our first time on the beach. cloudy but wonderful!

Chocolate martini, yes please!!
Our deck.

Our view of the lazy river!

Yummy!

Breakfast on our patio almost every morning! 


Reading by the pool!

We had a gift in our room!

The AMAZING spa! We had a couples massages, but got to enjoy an hour water treatment before hand.
The water treatment was great. We went in a wet sauna that dropped scalding water spontaneously on you, an ice bath, a dry sauna, a Mexican ice shower, a water massage, and much more!


This is our relaxed after spa face! I look asleep ha!

My friend Iggy!

They thought we were on our honeymoon....

First night to dinner!

Meanwhile, Evan at all of his dinner!

Appetizer

A delicious steak!

Evan and Pops!

He went fishing!!

Day two!


Trying to play with iggy!


No more bud light!

My afternoon snack!

Dinner at the Mexican restaurant!


Chicken tortilla soup. One of the best things I ate!

This was gross! 

We went to walk the beach at night!

It was amazing!

We enjoyed a night on our deck listening to the live music.


Scuba day!!

The class is ready for us!

Last time I tried to scuba I freaked out in the ocean. Hope this goes better!


Our scuba adventure:
The pool class went great. I freaked out in the beginning and our instructor taught me how to calm down under water. It was a much needed lesson. We finished our class and passed. We had time for a quick snack then went to the beach to catch our boat. Got on our boat with two other groups for different hotels and headed out to the underwater museum. The boat ride was quick and easy. We were group three so there was plenty of time for me to talk myself out of scuba diving. The time had come, I was sitting on the edge of the boat with my heavy tank on, and just taking it all in. There was an older lady in the water trying to submerge. She comes up and then just starts vomiting, poltergeist style, in the ocean. Next thing I know they pushed me in the water. I swam to the rope that guides you down. Next to vomit lady. I am trying to breathe, but I am getting hit by fish that are munching on vomit. Mark gets in the water and swims to me. We are surrounded by fish eating. I can't take anymore and I submerge. I get to the ocean floor, about 30 feet down, and Mark isn't coming down. Apparently Mark didn't see me go down (or maybe he didn't think Id go through with it). The whole group gets to the bottom and we get to explore. This is what we saw (not my picture) 


We also saw a ton of fish and two sea turtles. No jellyfish and No sharks! It was so much fun. The noise down there is weird, so serene. It is just a whole other world letting you take it in!


We made it back to the beach!

Lunch ocean side!

Ready for dinner!

TAPAS tonight!



The blue cheese and steak was awesome!

Dessert! 

Mimosas for breakfast and the breakfast that made us sick!


We were headed out to Cancun!

We suffered through souvenir shopping and had lunch at the bay!

A delicious panini!


We got Evan his shark tooth he was begging for!

And, a shark shirt!

Afternoon on the beach!

Using my sand stick!

We went to dinner at the Asian restaurant. I wish I had felt better because i bet the food was good!

Fried rice!

Fried ice cream!

Starting our morning our right!

Happy anniversary to us!

Ever heard of an iceberg? Half margarita and half beer! Really yummy!

Reading my next book in our pool!


Evan being silly back at home! I was really missing the kids!

Waiting for dinner!

This was the Indian restaurant and a horrible choice!
Bean soup which was the only good thing there!


My steak that was WAY over done!


Baklava, but I've had the real stuff and this has nothing on it!

Our anniversary night!

We came to our room to find this poor gecko.

He was still alive and we set him free! 

We had a great night!!

OUR last day!!!

Enjoying our last few hours on the beach!

We planned to spend the morning at the beach, but a huge thunderstorm rolled in!

Going home!

So long paradise!

My last mexican beer in mexico!

We had an amazing time!! Thanks to Grammy, Pops, Nini, Bob bob, and Mare for watching our pride and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment