Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One week old and first bath!!

Evan is a week old! Hooray! Mark got off work early because of the weather, so we decided today would be a good day to give him a bath. I think all three of us are now traumatized. It all started by Evan peeing on himself while I was changing his diaper. Surprisingly, this is the first time it has happened. Then we took him to the bathroom to put him in his little bathtub. While I was holding him, mind you I was smart and covered his privates with a cloth wipe while we were waiting, he pooped. He pooped in my hand and ALL over the floor (picture below, so be careful). Thankfully, my mom was nice enough to clean it up and while I was trying to reposition him he spit up all over my shirt. The best part about it all is I couldn't be happier. Sure it was gross, but it made for a great experience!

As for Evan, he cried the entire time he was in the bath. We got him clean! Mark was great at cleaning him while I was holding him. Hopefully next time it will go a little better!

Evan sleeping!

Evan is checking things out!
Evan pooped.....

The bath started out OK...
Then he started crying.....make that wailing.

Mark doing a wonderful job!!

Clean after his bath!!

1 comment:

  1. It amazes me how much Evan looks like Mark in his first pictures. I guess you could say that the bath was a sort of a baptism into parenthood. Keep those pictures coming.

    Karen & Alyeriz

    ReplyDelete