Monday, January 17, 2011

38 weeks!

Well, here we are at 38 weeks and 6 days! Tomorrow I will be 39 weeks! Finally, in the home stretch! I went to the doctor today. Boy, it is so much better going in the morning. Usually I wait over an hour! This time Mark and I were in and out! So nice!

I am 2-3 cm dilated (see said about 2 1/2) and almost fully thinned out (so I am getting close to 100% effaced)! All pretty good news. She also decided to strip my membranes, which is suppose to help encourage labor, but doesn't in all women. She is hoping I don't make it to my next appointment (that would be next Monday), but we can never know. Mark and I are hoping it will be this week, but only time will tell!!

Meanwhile, being in the home stretch we made a few last minute baby purchases and put together all of Evan's goodies for the shower. I had to show off Mark's hard work!!

Pack n' play! Thanks grandmommy!

The bassinet! Thanks Sally and Bettye!

We got this swing for $26 dollars thanks to gift cards and coupons!!
It is a bunny! SO cute!!

Here is a close up! What a sweet little bunny!

Bouncer! Hoping Evan loves this! Thanks Nat and Michelle!

The mobile finally up in Evan's room! Elephants of course!
What a cute elephant!

We finally put up his name! Mark was great about getting it straight!
Not the easiest thing to do!

Anyone remember these? Yep, the lanterns from our wedding!
It is a nice touch to Evan's room!

Here is my best shot trying to get all the new stuff in!
Mark worked VERY hard!!
Of course, here is me at 38 weeks!
He is really growing in there!


Hopefully more news for you soon! Otherwise, look for another Monday post!
Have a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. The pack and play is a life saver! So is the bouncer and swing! Good luck. Praying for a healthy delivery and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for keeping us updated. In the words of the famous Bob Barker "Evan, come on down."

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all so excited for you! And you are sooo beautiful pregnant! Can't wait for Evan to get here! - Darren, Dana, and kids

    ReplyDelete