Thursday, August 16, 2012

Longview!!

Just got back from about a week in Longview. Evan and I made a trip by ourselves because we figured we wouldn't make it back there for a LONG time. It was a wonderful trip. I actually had a chance to relax. I feel rejuvenated!! Evan had a blast too. I think the highlight of the trip was Evan started to say 'Nini!' It is so cute to see him walk around the house looking for Nini and saying it at the same time. Evan also says 'Bobbob', but the name came from Evan saying it a while back. 

Our trip was packed full of pool time, going to the Jack M. Mann splash park, feeding ducks, playing with cats, visiting a pet store, and, of course, some shopping! 

Unfortunately, Evan wasn't a huge fan of the splash park. I am very puzzled because he loves baths and swimming, but doesn't like splash pads. I guess it is something to do with squirting water. Who knows? Any way, the splash park was amazing. I loved the Dr. Pepper can that sprayed water. Longview did a great job in honoring my Granddad. He would be proud! 

We also took Evan to a pet store since he loves ALL animals so much. He had a lot of fun looking at the fish , cats, and dogs, but I think he loved the snake the best. He would go up to the tank and say, "look, look!" and then hiss at the snake. What a silly boy!

I was really excited to take Evan to feed the ducks. My mom and dad used to take us all the time and I just have the best memories of it. Well, times have changed!! The second that we pulled the car up by the lake the ducks (and geese) were coming over is herds! Seriously, like 20 ducks! I couldn't even get out of the car! I thought Evan would be able to throw some bread and stand by the lake. We couldn't even put Evan down without fear he would be trampled by the ducks. My mom was nipped about 5 times and I was once. HORRIBLE! Evan did get to throw some bread to the ducks, and of course, had some for himself. He at least loved it. He just kept quacking at the ducks. Maybe we can find a calmer lake around here to let Evan actually feed the ducks. 

All in all, it was a wonderful trip! Glad to be home, but I'll miss the company of my parents! Love ya'll!

grocery shopping.
Driving!!
Look at the face!
Nini, Thanks for the new car!!! It's so much FUN!
Evan feeding the ducks!
Looking at the fish!
Loving the fish!
Watching Mommy get a pedicure like a good boy!
Very intently watching my toes....












His first rice krispie treat!
Scoping out the Splash park!








2 comments: